In Payroll Fraud: How to Spot It & Prevent It, attorney Alice Gilman, editor of Payroll Legal Alert and a true payroll expert, explains:
- The four most common types of payroll fraud and how to set up internal controls to combat them
- The one key step you should take before hiring employees that can nip payroll fraud in the bud
- How defining roles and responsibilities for your staff can help block payroll fraud
- Red flags to look for – and how to use audits to find patterns
- How your company culture can contribute to anti-fraud measures
- The three steps you and HR should take to protect employees' bank accounts
- Why farming out your payroll to a third-party preparer isn't a guarantee against fraud
Payroll fraud is a cat-and-mouse game where someone receives wages not earned or reimbursements for expenses not incurred, or even steals employees' identities. It can come from the top, from other employees (including the payroll department) and even third parties.
While payroll fraud is preventable and catchable, you need to know what to look out for and how to respond. Discover the steps that your organization must take to build a firewall to fraud and protect your company … and your career. Get your copy of Payroll Fraud: How to Spot It & Prevent It now!
Pat DiDomenico, Editorial Director
Payroll Legal Alert
P.S. Your satisfaction is unconditionally guaranteed. If Payroll Fraud: How to Spot It & Prevent It fails to meet your needs, we will refund every penny you paid – no hassles, no questions asked.