Agenda for Accommodate or Terminate?:
- Employer requirements. Review what’s required by you under the ADA and related employee protection laws like the FMLA.
- Is the fear of catching COVID-19 at work covered? Consider real-life examples including what happens if COVID-19 fear prompts a mental health accommodation request. Do you accommodate? For how long? Or do you terminate?
- FMLA vs. ADA. Explore the difference between FMLA leave for mental health issues and reasonable accommodations under the ADA. They sometimes overlap - and sometimes don’t.
- Essential and non-essential job functions. See exactly what your job descriptions and announcements must include about essential and non-essential functions before anyone requests reasonable accommodations. Missed the boat? See what you can still do to fix the problem.
- The interactive accommodations process. How it is supposed to work. See exactly what kind of documentation you must do to protect your organization from a “failure of the interactive accommodations process” claim.
- Accommodation resources. Discover resources for finding the best possible accommodation for your organization. That may not be the one the disabled worker prefers or demands.
- When is it time to terminate? What to do when it looks like accommodations aren’t working, including deciding if termination is the only answer.
Get your copy of Accommodate or Terminate? How to Legally Draw the Line now!
Pat DiDomenico, Editorial Director
P.S. Your satisfaction is unconditionally guaranteed. If Accommodate or Terminate? fails to meet your needs, we will refund every penny you paid – no hassles, no questions asked.