Discover the most common areas of litigation resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic and the concrete, practical steps your organization should take NOW to prevent liability.
In just 75 minutes, nationally recognized attorney Jon Hyman, author of the popular Coronavirus Law Blog, explains how to avoid the top trigger points for employee lawsuits, including:
- Wage-and-hour risks from employees, including those working remotely
- Failing to accommodate employees who are at a higher risk for contracting COVID-19
- The hidden risks of layoffs and failing to reinstate employees after leave
- Lawsuits relating to age and underlying medical issues
- Failing to provide the correct amount of leave under the new FFCRA
- Knowing when you must accommodate employee medical concerns (or fears of infection) – and when you can legally terminate
- The tricky handling of working parents – must you give them special consideration for leave and return-to-work (especially if school/day care is closed)?
- Prospects for COVID lawsuit immunity from Congress (hint: not very likely)
- How OSHA and the NLRA protect employees who raise safety concerns
The bottom line: You've been forced to quickly learn a maze of new laws and guidelines (new leave laws, safety requirements, wage rules) and make tough decisions balancing employees' health and business demands. And employees aren't being shy about filing legal claims, especially when so many are unemployed and have little to lose (and a lot to gain) by pursuing litigation.
It's your job to avoid this new "wave of virus litigation."
Discover your organization's coronavirus vulnerability and learn the practical steps to avoid and manage this new legal risk. Get your copy of Coronavirus Lawsuits: How to Stay out of Court now!
Pat DiDomenico, Editorial Director
P.S. Your satisfaction is unconditionally guaranteed. If Coronavirus Lawsuits: How to Stay out of Court fails to meet your needs, we will refund every penny you paid – no hassles, no questions asked.