This training session by Dan Kaplan, a partner and co-chair of Foley & Lardner's national labor and employment practice group, and key member of the firm's Coronavirus Task Force, will teach you:
- A phased-in strategy to open and operate safely and legally
- Legal requirements for PPE, cleaning, hygiene and social distancing
- When and how to conduct testing (COVID tests, antibody tests, temperature checks)
- How to respond when an employee tests positive
- Best practices for operational changes (shift changes, workplace layout, etc.)
- How to comply with the new emergency leave laws
- When you can require employees to come to work … or to stay at home
- The most common COVID-related employee lawsuits – and how to avoid them
- How to handle all those remote employees … can they demand telecommuting options until a vaccine arrives?
- How to bring back employees after layoffs
- Which rights employees can demand as an ADA accommodation
- New OSHA records you must keep (illnesses? testing results? safety measures?)
- When a vaccine is available, can you (and should you) require employees to get it?
- Other considerations like contact tracing and future immunity certificates
Plus, you'll be able to ask Dan your specific questions about reopening challenges in your workplace.
Mistakes on any of these important points can lead to big-time safety, health or legal troubles in your workplace. Join us on November 12 to learn how to stay in legal compliance while creating a safe and healthy workplace for your employees and customers.
Pat DiDomenico, Editorial Director
The HR Law Weekly
P.S. Registration Bonus. The coronavirus crisis has upended business as usual. Our new Special Report, The Employer Response to Coronavirus: A Practical and Legal Approach to Employee Leave, Productivity, Safety and More, provides the pandemic-specific advice you need, all in one place. Compiled by our attorneys and HR experts, the 40-page report provided updated virus-related advice on employee leave, safety, medical inquiries, insurance, IT issues, layoffs, stress reductions and more. This new book is a $24.95 value but is yours free just for signing up.
P.P.S. Extra Added Bonus. You'll also receive 5 issues of The HR Law Weekly newsletter. Every Wednesday, our team of attorneys and HR pros reviews the latest case law and regulations that may impact you. We'll also show you how to "lawsuit-proof" your HR practices – from avoiding handbook mistakes to training managers on hiring and firing the right way, and much more. To make sure you continue to benefit from this advice, we'll keep The HR Law Weekly coming for just $79/quarter until you tell us "no, thanks."
P.P.P.S. We promise you'll be satisfied. If Coronavirus & the Workplace fails to meet your needs in any way, we will refund 100% of your tuition – no hassles, no questions asked. Your conference materials, 5 issues of The HR Law Weekly and registration bonus are yours to keep.