The new flexibility for I-9s and E-Verify are just the latest immigration-law changes facing employers. You’re dealing with a new version of the I-9 … a dramatic increase in worksite I-9 audits and raids … restrictions to guest-worker visas … increased fines and enforcement levels … possible mandatory use of E-Verify … and more.
This timely briefing covers:
'Virtual verification' of I-9s allowed for first time
- Which employers can now review I-9 documents via video or email
- How long this will last – and will it be extended?
- Who can now serve as an “authorized representative” to review documents (almost anyone!)
More worksite audits, raids and penalties
- I-9 audits on the rise – what's next, and how should you prepare?
- Increased risk for immigration raids under Trump
- Increased fine matrix takes effect (fine levels are up by 96%)
New rules on document bias and employment visas
- What documents you can request – and when
- OSC issues new regulations on discrimination in I-9 document requests
- New changes to employment-based visa rules kick in and more to come
E-Verify: Current and future compliance changes
- How to handle E-Verify during the COVID-19 crisis (new flexibility from DHS)
- Best practices to stay in compliance in this new environment
- Is mandatory E-Verify coming? If so, to whom and when?
The updated I-9 form
- What's new on the form and why you should care
- Top tips to complete, retain and reverify on this revised form
- How the Smart I-9 interacts with E-Verify
Remember, your only defense against serious monetary penalties and criminal arrests is strict compliance with all of these confusing (and constantly changing) immigration rules. Learn all the new developments and how to stay in compliance … and out of court. Get your copy of The New Employer Rules on I-9s, E-Verify and Visas now!
Pat DiDomenico, Editorial Director
P.S. Your satisfaction is unconditionally guaranteed. If The New Employer Rules on I-9s, E-Verify and Visas fails to meet your needs, we will refund every penny you paid – no hassles, no questions asked.