Noted employment attorney Anniken Davenport will update you on depression, anxiety and drug addiction at work, telling you:
- How the increase in mental health problems is affecting productivity and requires creative solutions beyond time off. Mental illness impacts everyone at work – not just the depressed, anxious or addicted employee. Learn what strategies you can employ to help everyone.
- How to determine what kind of leave the employee is entitled to. Is it FMLA leave? Do you have to provide intermittent leave for medical appointments? Counseling? AA meetings?
- When does the ADA apply? Do you know what types of diagnoses are covered disabilities? What about drug addiction to illegal substances?
- When you must keep information confidential and when you have an obligation to disclose that information
- How to discipline employees whose mental health issues are impacting their work without triggering an ADA lawsuit
- Why you need both a workplace violence prevention plan and a medical emergency plan in place. OSHA requires it but most employers haven’t updated theirs for the modern workplace and mental health issues.
There's no reason to walk on egg shells when it comes to mental health issues in the workplace. Learn how to deal with them in a safe, respectful and legal way with the expert guidance and strategies covered in this session. Get your copy of Mapping Out Mental Health Policies now!
Pat DiDomenico, Editorial Director
P.S. Your satisfaction is unconditionally guaranteed. If Mapping Out Mental Health Policies fails to meet your needs, we will refund every penny you paid – no hassles, no questions asked.