This session (updated for the new 2020 laws) will teach you how to handle the most challenging leave requests that can simultaneously require compliance with the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act and other laws, such as pregnancy bias and workers' compensation laws.
You will learn:
- When you're required to offer job-protected leave under the FMLA and ADA
- What to do when these laws overlap with each other (and with your time-off policies)
- When you must provide leave as a medical accommodation
- What leave is considered "reasonable" under the law – and what's an "undue hardship"
- A five-step roadmap for evaluating leave requests to determine which laws apply
- The red flags of leave abuse – and how to respond
- How to manage return-to-work issues after injury or sickness (light duty? transfer? intermittent leave?)
- How the ever-growing list of state and local leave laws impacts your decisions
- What to do when an employee's leave time has been exhausted
Using real-life scenarios, attorney Theresa Parish will guide you through the practical steps for fielding the most complex leave requests, managing the time off and preventing abuse.
Stop feeling stuck between letting absences spiral out of control and worrying about triggering lawsuits by improperly denying leave. Take control of your employee leave compliance, and get your copy of The Employee Leave Workshop now.