In her newly updated training workshop, Alice Gilman, Esq., a payroll expert and editor of Payroll Legal Alert, will explain the proper steps necessary to compensate and reimburse your traveling employees correctly.
- When to pay nonexempt employees for their time spent traveling to and from company activities – and at the activity itself
- What the IRS considers bona fide travel (Alice will address the rules for mileage, airfare, hotel, and car rental)
- How quickly receipts must legally be provided by an employee, and how often expense reports must be submitted
- What's considered a wage or a taxable commuting benefit
- What's unpaid "commuting" time … and what are the IRS guidelines regarding commuting costs
- Common pay- and FLSA-related problems that arise with employee travel, such as meals during travel
Don't get caught in an FLSA lawsuit or an IRS audit of your employees' travel expenses! Either one could be a huge expense and black mark on your record. Discover the proper steps NOW to pay and reimburse employees correctly for travel. Get your copy of Rules of the Road today!
Pat DiDomenico, Editorial Director
Payroll Legal Alert
P.S. Your satisfaction is unconditionally guaranteed. If Rules of the Road: When and How to Pay Employees for Travel Time fails to meet your needs, we will refund every penny you paid – no hassles, no questions asked.