Managing Within the Law: What Every Boss MUST Know About Workplace Law
Do your supervisors understand how to comply with employment laws?
- Do they know which job-interview questions are illegal?
- Could they recognize a request for FMLA leave?
- Do they know when employees MUST be paid for travel time and breaks?
Any gaps in this basic knowledge will put your organization (and managers' own nest eggs) at risk!
Bring HR and your management team together for a comprehensive briefing on today’s most important workplace-law risks – and the steps that supervisors need to take to stay in compliance … and out of court. Introducing Managing Within the Law: What Every Boss MUST Know About Workplace Law.
Why is this important now? The alphabet soup of employment laws (FMLA, ADA, FLSA, etc.) has become thicker and more complex. The stakes are higher (lawsuits at an all-time high). And employees – and their savvy attorneys – are well versed in the law.
Managing Within the Law will groom your managers to become front-line problem solvers who understand the law – and follow it. This practical workshop gives supervisors the annual training they need on:
- Which employment laws apply to them
- Their responsibilities as "agents" of your organization
- What constitutes discrimination and harassment – how to spot it and how to respond
- How to legally manage leaves of absence (FMLA, PTO, STD, etc.)
- The 8 "taboo topics" to avoid in all hiring discussions
- The most common pay-related mistakes – and how to avoid them
- The risk-free way to give feedback and performance reviews
- The 10 steps for legally safe terminations
- What to say (and never say) with employee pregnancies, injuries and illness
- And much more!
Managers are your first line of defense to minimize exposure to lawsuits and government fines. Yet they often receive little to no training on the legal aspects of their jobs.
This webinar recording is the perfect way to help supervisors understand the legal implications of their actions and how those actions could trigger lawsuits against your organization – and against them personally. Get your copy of Managing Within the Law now!
Pat DiDomenico, Editorial Director
The HR Law Weekly
P.S. Your satisfaction is unconditionally guaranteed. If Managing Within the Law fails to meet your needs, we will refund every penny you paid – no hassles, no questions asked.
Managing Within the Law
About Your Speaker:
Greg Hare is an employment lawyer at Ogletree Deakins and serves as the managing shareholder of the firm’s Atlanta office. His practice focuses on assisting companies with HR challenges, government compliance and employment litigation matters, such as discrimination, wage-and-hour disputes and wrongful termination. Greg also helps companies develop proactive HR strategies to minimize exposure to costly litigation and disputes. He is an entertaining and popular presenter who makes complex issues like employment law interesting and fun.
The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
Business Management Daily is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.