Federal law is fairly clear: Marijuana use or possession is still illegal. But the smoke screen comes from a jumble of state laws. So far, 33 states make marijuana legal for medical purposes. Recreational usage is legal in 11 states. Another 16 states have decriminalized it. All of these numbers are expected to grow.
What does all this mean for your organization? This webinar recording explains:
- Best practices to stay in compliance with all applicable laws
- How your state law interacts with federal law, and which you need to follow
- How to set marijuana rules for off-duty behavior – and what that means in today's WFH environment ("smoke hours"?)
- How to legally manage employees with Medical Marijuana cards – when you can test … when you can discipline
- Best practices for drug testing in this new COVID-19 environment – even for remote staff
- How the ADA (or state disability laws) may require you to offer disability accommodations to marijuana users
- When the FMLA covers leave for marijuana- or drug-related treatment
- How to react when you suspect on-the-job accidents are caused by workers under the influence
For HR professionals and employers, employees' marijuana usage creates a Bermuda triangle of risk – employment law … health care … safety and more!
Learn how to develop the most legally and operationally smart policies and procedures at this special workshop. Get your copy of Managing Marijuana Laws now!
Pat DiDomenico, Editorial Director
P.S. Your satisfaction is unconditionally guaranteed. If Managing Marijuana Laws fails to meet your needs, we will refund every penny you paid – no hassles, no questions asked.