Even ONE toxic employee can make your work environment challenging for everyone and trigger a costly lawsuit. On August 5, you'll learn:
- The 8 types of toxic employees to watch out for – and how to handle each one
- How to give specific, legally safe feedback in difficult situations
- How to establish clear consequences … and to follow up
- How to document performance and behavior problems appropriately and legally (Discover the ABC's of performance documentation – Accurate, Behavior-based, Consistent)
- Sample phrases and statements to use in tough face-to-face meetings
- How to craft efficient and legally sound performance improvement plans (PIPs) for employees
- 10 do's and don'ts for tracking behavior and documenting it (Hint: don't "practice psychiatry" or "practice law")
- How to minimize the impact of gossip, that three-headed morale buster
- 8 questions to ask yourself before pulling the termination trigger on a toxic employee
- 10 steps to conducting low-stress termination meetings that erase the chance of a lawsuit
Plus, get answers to YOUR specific questions in our interactive Q&A session.
When this training was given at our recent law conference in Las Vegas, attendees showered it with rave reviews:
- "Excellent information on how to handle difficult personalities in our office"
- "Great advice about why documentation is so important, and how to do it"
- "Both speakers were down to earth and knowledgeable – very informative and interactive"
- "Awesome! Well-versed examples and excellent information"
On August 5, learn the battle-tested strategies to turn around your difficult employees and stay in legal compliance.
Pat DiDomenico, Editorial Director
P.S. Registration Bonuses. Working with underhanded, self-centered and troublesome people can be infuriating and legally risky. Difficult People at Work – our all-time best-selling report – gives supervisors and HR the proven, practical strategies to immediately restore the balance of power … improve your own working environment … and put problem people in their place. The 50-page book is a $39.95 value, but we'll send it to you at no cost if you sign up. And while ongoing feedback is important for dealing with difficult employees, so are performance reviews. In this newly updated book, The Manager's Guide to Effective, Legal Performance Reviews, discover how to make appraisals work for you – not against you! Many books offer general suggestions for improving performance, but few discuss specific ways to make reviews more effective. This book shows how to conduct appraisals with clearly established expectations and no misinterpretation.
P.P.S. Extra Added Bonus. You'll also receive one month of members-only access to HR Specialist: Premium Plus – our comprehensive electronic information service at TheHRSpecialist.com. Premium Plus features online compliance self-audits, over 100 forms and checklists, plus Ask the Attorney (responses to your employment law questions). So that you continue to benefit from Premium Plus, we'll continue your access automatically for just $99 per quarter, unless you tell us "no, thanks" – your choice.
P.P.P.S. We promise you'll be satisfied. If Workplace Detox fails to meet your needs in any way, we will refund 100% of your tuition – no hassles, no questions asked. Your conference materials, registration bonuses and website access are yours to keep.