I-9 Preboarding: How to Complete Form I-9 Before Employee's First Day
Day 1 for your new employees probably includes time spent – for employee and HR – on the often perplexing I-9 Form.
But what if you could have the I-9 and E-Verify process wrapped up before the employee's first day of work – maybe even making it part of your "preboarding" process. You may not think it's possible … but it is. And finishing I-9 paperwork early allows you to speed up your onboarding process and lets employees jump right into productive work on Day 1.
In I-9 Preboarding: How to Complete Form I-9 Before Employee's First Day, noted immigration attorney John Fay explains how employers can adapt this concept of I-9 and E-Verify preboarding to ease onboarding pressures and create dramatic new HR efficiencies.
In a typical onboarding scenario, a new hire completes Section I of the I-9 Form on or before the start date. Then you (the employer) complete Section 2 within three days of the start date. After all, that's how it has to be done, right? Wrong.
This thought-provoking session addresses:
- Typical I-9 onboarding challenges
- Using an authorized agent for completing Section 2
- Defining your I-9 preboarding process
- E-Verify considerations with preboarding
- Using an electronic Form I-9 and E-Verify compliance solution to manage Form I-9 preboarding
What are the benefits of completing I-9s before Day 1?
- A new level of efficiency, because every minute spent on onboarding paperwork can affect the operation
- Convenience and flexibility, providing new hires with the freedom to choose a verifier who completes section 2 on behalf of the organization
- Easily manage reverifications, and rely on an automated process to complete remote recertifications electronically and on time
Discover how to use I-9 preboarding to simplify your I-9 process and speed up your onboarding. Get your copy of I-9 Preboarding now!
Pat DiDomenico, Editorial Director
P.S. Your satisfaction is unconditionally guaranteed. If I-9 Preboarding fails to meet your needs, we will refund every penny you paid – no hassles, no questions asked.
About Your Speaker:
John Fay is an immigration attorney with a unique background in advising organizations on immigration issues and designing technology for HR compliance. In addition to his immigration practice, he is vice president and general counsel for LawLogix, a division of Hyland, a leading provider of I-9 and E-Verify compliance software, where he oversees product design and content compliance. John is a sought-after speaker on this topic at national conferences and is the main author of the popular I-9 and E-Verify Blog.
The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
Business Management Daily is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.