On Wednesday, October 2, uncover the costly liability landmines that are hiding in your telecommuting program – and learn how to defuse them. In this brand-new webinar, hosted by noted employment attorney Anniken Davenport, you will discover:
- How to comply with the unique rules for the FMLA and ADA – both of which demand different eligibility and oversight for remote workers.
- How to thwart outdated wage and hour laws that require you to pay remote workers for the expenses they incur on your behalf.
- Why you must consider allowing employees with certain injuries or illnesses to work from home as a reasonable accommodation if you have any other remote employees.
- How to legally hand down discipline to remote workers … and the unique issues in terminating them.
- How to comply with state and federal laws on time-keeping and breaks for remote staff.
- How to avoid the common classification mistakes with remote workers – exempt vs. nonexempt, and employee vs. independent contractor.
- The complicated hiring and payroll factors for remote workers who live in a different state than their employer.
- Why workers' compensation can be a huge headache with remote workers – and how you can mitigate the risks with planning and monitoring.
- And why keeping track of work hours may be the hardest task of all – and the biggest risk for class-action, off-the-clock lawsuits.
You can also ask Anniken your trickiest telecommuting questions and get custom answers to your specific challenges. And because this is a webinar, THERE IS NO LIMIT to the number of people who can listen in at one site. Invite HR staff … the C-suite … in-house or outside counsel … or anyone else who deals with complex remote workforce rules – whether approving it or managing it.
If you have remote employees, these 75 minutes could be your best investment of the year! I look forward to welcoming you on October 2.
Pat DiDomenico, Editorial Director
P.S. Early Registration Bonuses. The first 50 people to sign up will receive a video recording of our popular webinar, How to Effectively Hire and Manage Remote Employees. While the October 2nd webinar will explain the legal answers to your remote-employee issue, this 75-minute recording will provide concrete advice on the practical side. Topics include how to identify the best candidates for remote jobs … how to track remote workers' progress … the best way to provide feedback … and much more. Plus, you'll receive a downloadable copy of The Manager's Handbook: 104 Solutions to Your Everyday Workplace Problems. This comprehensive 198-page reference (a $65.00 value) is filled with practical advice to help managers do their jobs better. No theories or buzzwords, just practical tips to help your organization improve performance and stay out of legal trouble.
P.P.S. Extra Added Bonus. You'll also receive one month of Premium Plus Online – our comprehensive electronic information service. Premium Plus Online features more than 10,000 HR articles, online compliance self-audits, over 100 forms and checklists, plus Ask the Attorney (responses to your employment law questions). So that you continue to benefit from Premium Plus, we'll continue your access automatically for just $99 per quarter, unless you tell us "no, thanks" – your choice.
P.P.P.S. We promise you'll be satisfied. If Remote Employees: A Compliance Workshop fails to meet your needs in any way, we will refund 100% of your tuition – every penny you paid – but your course materials, early registration bonuses and members-only website access will be yours to keep. No hassles, no questions asked.