Expert HR Advice from a Trusted Network
The HR Specialist is published by Business Management Daily—HR and employment law specialists since 1937. This incisive monthly advisory is written especially for you—the HR pro who doesn’t have all day to pore over journals or surf the Web for the HR insights you need.
The HR Specialist features quick-reading, actionable advice that will enhance both your effectiveness and your profile as a savvy human resources professional—in short, as an HR Specialist.
But don’t take my word for it. See for yourself in this sample issue. You’ll benefit from such practical advice as:
- The 10 most important things HR needs to know about the CEO (page 1)
- Avoiding the top 10 employee handbook errors (page 2)
- Creating a social media policy on worker use of Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn (page 3)
- How HR can advance the big boss’s goals—and your career (page 4)
- Calculating the true impact of employee turnover on your bottom line (page 8)
PLUS, you’ll receive valuable tips on steering clear of legal nightmares, including:
- The 25 most legally dangerous interview questions (page 6)
- How to avoid FMLA fraud and abuse (page 3)
- Maintaining I-9s: 5 things you MUST do, and 5 you should NEVER do (page 5)
Having The HR Specialist is like having you own team of HR consultants and legal advisors backing you up while you sharpen your skills and advance your career.
FREE Welcome Gifts for New Readers
The HR Specialist is the must-have resource your colleagues (and COMPETITORS) use to answer the tough questions that come across your desk every day. And when you agree to review this valuable advisory, you’ll receive our Manager’s Guide Library—five Instant Executive Briefings on today’s hot-button topics:
- The Manager’s Guide to Employment Law
Discover 10 employment laws you MUST know, along with “the dirty dozen”—12 mistakes supervisors make that are most likely to spark expensive, crippling litigation.
- The Manager’s Guide to Hiring & Firing
We’ll alert you to the Seven Deadly Sins of firing … give you 25 good interview questions to ask so that you make great hires every time … and much more.
- The Manager’s Guide to Performance Reviews
Read how to conduct positive valuable assessments … and how to avoid words and approaches that can sabotage the interview process.
- The Manager’s Guide to Coaching & Motivating Employees
Find out how to coach troubled employees, turn around poor performers, silence employee gripes and more. The Guide also includes 15 questions to ask employees during their first 60 days on the job.
- The Manager’s Guide to Managing Difficult Situations
Typically, 20% of your employees create 80% of the problems. Now, you’ll be able to help them (and yourself) with these tips on how to resolve workplace conflicts.
Each of these Instant Executive Briefings is priced at $14.95—and their value far exceeds their total $74.75 price. Yet they are all yours FREE when you agree to check out The HR Specialist.