With all the attention on remote employees this year, you still likely have employees in your main workplace. And it’s easy to overlook the messy legal and policy trouble that await Payroll and HR if you don’t plan now.
This timely webinar, led by payroll expert Alice Gilman, Esq., the editor of Payroll Legal Alert, will teach you:
- Who gets paid and who doesn’t—both exempts and nonexempts—when the office closes for the day or shuts down early (you’ll get a handy flowchart!)
- How to avoid the 5 most common overtime mistakes when bad weather affects nonexempts' working time
- How paying double time to nonexempts can actually SAVE your company money
- The law on paying remote employees if they are unable to work due to weather reasons
- If you need to shut your doors for COVID reasons, must you pay exempt or nonexempt workers for those days?
- The ins and outs of an effective inclement weather policy, and how to deal with slackers who use bad weather as an excuse to come in late or take too much time off
- An overview of disaster preparedness that can save the company a bundle in fines for nonpayment of wages
- How you can support employees who've been through a disaster, including making tax-free cash payments
Plus, you'll be able to pose your related questions to a true expert in payroll and legal matters.
Never be left wondering, "Are we doing it right?" Inclement Weather Policies will explain how to establish rock-solid, legally safe policies and practices.
Adam P. Goldstein, Publisher
Payroll Legal Alert
P.S. Early Registration Bonuses. The first 50 people to sign up will receive two reports: 1) Inclement Weather: Policies & Practices, which includes a sample inclement weather policy and a handy flowchart to help you decide who gets paid – both exempts and nonexempts – when the office closes for the day or shuts down early. 2) Employee Leave Mini-Library, a collection of five special reports, is your roadmap to compliance and legal protection. You'll find expert guidance on mastering absenteeism and sick leave, FMLA intermittent leave, pregnancy/maternity leave, vacation scheduling and workers' comp leave.
P.P.S. Extra Added Bonus. You'll also get a full month of access to PayrollLegalAlert.com – our exclusive, members-only website. Our helpful articles, forms, tables and charts will help you improve every aspect of your payroll operation – and your website also includes the comprehensive Payroll Compliance Handbook. So that you continue to benefit from PayrollLegalAlert.com, we'll continue your access automatically for just $89 per quarter, until you tell us "no, thanks" – your choice.
P.P.P.S. We promise you'll be satisfied. If Inclement Weather Policies fails to meet your needs, we will instantly refund 100% of your tuition. Your course materials, early registration bonuses and website access will be yours to keep. No hassles, no questions asked.