Federal law is fairly clear: Marijuana use or possession is still illegal. But the smoke screen comes from a jumble of state laws. So far, 33 states make marijuana legal for medical purposes. Recreational usage is legal in 11 states. And both of these numbers are expected to grow. This webinar will cover:
- What the laws say – and how they impact your employee decisions
- How your state law interacts with federal law, and which you need to follow
- Best practices of testing for marijuana and illicit drugs in this new landscape. Is it time to drop your zero-tolerance policy?
- How to legally manage employees who hold Medical Marijuana cards – what your policy says … when you can test … and when you can discipline
- How the ADA (or state disability laws) may require you to accommodate marijuana usage
- When the FMLA covers leave for marijuana- or drug-related treatment
- How to react when you suspect an on-the-job accident was caused by a worker under the influence
- And much more!
For HR professionals and employers, employees' marijuana usage creates a Bermuda triangle of risk – employment law … health care … safety and more! Get all your questions answered and learn how to develop the most legally and operationally smart policies and procedures at this special workshop.
Pat DiDomenico, Editorial Director
P.S. Early Registration Bonus. The first 50 people to sign up will receive our white paper, Drugs at Work: What Employers Need to Know About Testing, Policies and Legal Issues. The 14-page special report explains everything from how to design a drug-testing policy and what signs to look for in employees using drugs to the new laws on accommodating drug and alcohol use. Plus, this white paper includes a comprehensive sample policy on drug use and drug testing that you can adapt and customize for your workplace.
P.P.S. Extra Added Bonus. You'll also receive one month of Premium Plus Online – our comprehensive electronic information service – at no cost. Premium Plus Online features more than 40,000 HR articles, online compliance self-audits, over 100 forms and checklists, plus Ask the Attorney (responses to your employment law questions). So that you continue to benefit from Premium Plus, we'll continue your access automatically for just $99 per quarter, unless you tell us "no, thanks" – your choice.
P.P.P.S. We promise you'll be satisfied If Marijuana Issues in the Workplace fails to meet your needs, we will instantly refund 100% of your tuition. Your course materials, website access and early registration bonus are all yours to keep. No hassles, no questions asked.