Federal law is fairly clear: Marijuana use or possession is still illegal. But the smoke screen comes from a jumble of state laws. So far, 33 states make marijuana legal for medical purposes. Recreational usage is legal in 11 states. Another 16 states have decriminalized it. All of these numbers are expected to grow.
What does all this mean for your organization? This webinar will explain:
- Best practices to stay in compliance with all applicable laws
- How your state law interacts with federal law, and which you need to follow
- How to set marijuana rules for off-duty behavior – and what that means in today's WFH environment ("smoke hours"?)
- How to legally manage employees with Medical Marijuana cards – when you can test … when you can discipline
- Best practices for drug testing in this new COVID-19 environment – even for remote staff
- How the ADA (or state disability laws) may require you to offer disability accommodations to marijuana users
- When the FMLA covers leave for marijuana- or drug-related treatment
- How to react when you suspect on-the-job accidents are caused by workers under the influence
- Plus answers to your questions and much more!
For HR professionals and employers, employees' marijuana usage creates a Bermuda triangle of risk – employment law … health care … safety and more!
Get all your questions answered and learn how to develop the most legally and operationally smart policies and procedures at this special workshop. We'll see you on September 15.
Pat DiDomenico, Editorial Director
P.S. Early Registration Bonus. The first 50 people to sign up will receive our white paper, Drugs at Work: What Employers Need to Know About Testing, Policies and Legal Issues. The 14-page special report explains everything from how to design a drug-testing policy and what signs to look for in employees using drugs to the new laws on accommodating drug and alcohol use. Plus, this white paper includes a comprehensive sample policy on drug use and drug testing that you can adapt and customize for your workplace.
P.P.S. Extra Added Bonus. You'll also receive one month of Premium Plus Online – our comprehensive electronic information service – at no cost. Premium Plus Online features more than 40,000 HR articles, online compliance self-audits, over 100 forms and checklists, plus Ask the Attorney (responses to your employment law questions). So that you continue to benefit from Premium Plus, we'll continue your access automatically for just $99 per quarter, unless you tell us "no, thanks" – your choice.
P.P.P.S. We promise you'll be satisfied If Managing Marijuana Laws fails to meet your needs, we will instantly refund 100% of your tuition. Your course materials, website access and early registration bonus are all yours to keep. No hassles, no questions asked.