Use this webinar as a checklist to make sure your pay policies are in total compliance with state and federal law. You will learn:
- When you can make direct deposit mandatory. Discover what the federal Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and state payday laws say about mandatory direct deposit policies. Learn five simple ways to encourage employees to voluntarily sign up for direct deposit, plus the three key traps that will sabotage your goal of 100% electronic pay.
- When you can deduct pay for breakage, cash shortages and discipline. Discover the eight indispensable policy pointers to keep your company toeing the legal line when making loss-related deductions from employees' pay.
- How you can legally pay employees using paycards. Don't make the mistake of other employers and become lawsuit bait when paying workers via payroll debit cards. Learn the specifics of the Federal Reserve's Regulation E, and the six steps to keep you and your paycard program out of court.
- How (and how quickly) you must pay departing workers. Learn the ins and outs of termination pay, including step-by-step instructions on creating a voluntary termination pay workflow, and the nine dos and don'ts for involuntary terminations.
- When you must pay for sick days. Find out what the new state and municipal mandatory paid sick day laws require. Hint: Even the smallest employers aren't off the hook for mandatory sick days. Government contractors and subcontractors beware: You must now provide certain employees with at least 7 days of sick leave per year.
- What's a "wage theft" law – and why you should care. Such laws place substantial burdens on employers and are the latest twist in state payday laws.
- Plus much more … and answers to your questions from a true payroll expert, attorney Alice Gilman.
Even one payroll mistake can damage your standing in the office – and possibly your career. It's important to spot the holes in your employee pay compliance before the feds or state agencies do. Make sure you're up to speed on the latest employee pay laws and regulations by joining Alice on January 2.
Pat DiDomenico, Editorial Director
Payroll Legal Alert
P.S. Two Registration Bonuses. Everyone who signs up for Employee Pay Workshop will receive two extra bonuses: Employee Expense Reimbursements: Best Practices to Pay Employees and Avoid Conflicts With the IRS; and a copy of the 2019 Payroll Checklist, a 15-page, step-by-step compliance guide to each deadline and action item for this year.
P.P.S. Extra Added Bonus. You'll also get a full month of access to PayrollLegalAlert.com – our exclusive, members-only website. Our helpful articles, forms, tables and charts will help you improve every aspect of your payroll operation – and your website also includes the comprehensive Payroll Compliance Handbook. So that you continue to benefit from PayrollLegalAlert.com, we'll continue your access automatically for just $89 per quarter, until you tell us "no, thanks" – your choice.
P.P.P.S. We promise you'll be satisfied. If Employee Pay Workshop fails to meet your needs in any way, we will refund 100% of your tuition – no hassles, no questions asked. Your conference materials, website access and two registration bonuses are yours to keep.