Since email became mobile (on phones and tablets), your risks have multiplied, led by overtime claims, off-the-clock work, data breaches and inappropriate content. Plus, HR pros face mounting confusion over the preservation, protection and production of business emails and other electronically stored information (ESI).
The interactive workshop will cover topics including:
- What HR and employers need to know about email content, records and risks
- How to draft a strategic email management policy to anticipate and deflect legal liabilities, regulatory disasters, data breaches and other email risks
- Best practices to ensure legal, regulatory and organizational compliance
- Why and how you must preserve, protect & produce email business records
- How to recognize a true email "business record"
- E-discovery risks and rules: Complying with federal & state laws
- Regulatory requirements: Know the guidelines to prevent HIPAA, FLSA and other risks
- Establishing best-practice email, mobile device and BYOD policies
- Strategies for writing and implementing effective policies & procedures
- How email policy – supported by training & technology – can support your legal position
- Step-by-step plan to manage email usage at work, home and on the road
- Best practices to minimize risks and maximize compliance
- Tips for effective email policy training
- Monitoring rules: Reconciling privacy expectations with legal realities
Employee email creates the electronic equivalent of DNA evidence, yet only 34% of organizations have email retention policies in place. And if your employees are working on their phones, you're risking a million-dollar FLSA lawsuit.
Join us on October 8 to learn how to manage email records, minimize email risks and maximize your legal, regulatory and organizational compliance.
Pat DiDomenico, Editorial Director
P.S. Early Registration Bonuses. The first 50 people to sign up will receive our 35-page book, Business Communication Toolkit: Vol. I: Written Communication, plus two special bonuses created by the ePolicy Institute: a handy tip sheet, Writing Effective Email: Communications Channels Best Practices, and an informative fact sheet, Netiquette Rules.
P.P.S. Extra Added Bonus. You'll also receive one month of members-only access to CommunicationBriefings.com – our comprehensive online resource designed to make you a stronger, better-prepared manager. So that you continue to benefit from CommunicationBriefings.com, we'll continue your access automatically for just $97 per quarter, unless you tell us "no, thanks" – your choice.
P.P.P.S. We promise you'll be satisfied. If The New Rules of Email fails to meet your needs in any way, we will refund 100% of your tuition – no hassles, no questions asked. Your conference materials, website access and early registration bonuses are yours to keep.