What to do? Now is the time to understand this issue once and for all – and get in compliance. Join us Thursday, September 20, for Independent Contractor Workshop. Our timely webinar will teach you:
- How to create independent contractor relationships that meet IRS, DOL and state agency requirements.
- The benefits of using independent contractors (same work, lower costs, fewer hassles) and the inherent risks (reclassifications leading to huge tax, wage and benefit payments).
- Why the feds are cracking down now, what they're looking for and how you can achieve compliance.
- What employers can expect from the Trump administration on this issue.
- The key factors the DOL and IRS consider (and you should, too) in making classification decisions.
- The IRS test, the so-called "Darden Factors" and the "Economic Realities" standard.
- Important court cases, including the recent Dynamix decision, that help draw a brighter line between contractors and employees.
- The steps you should take to deal safely with independent contractors.
- When you can have a "joint employer" relationship with a contracting agency – and what to be aware of.
- Plus, answers to YOUR questions about independent contractor issues.
As a recent Wall Street Journal report, "The End of Employees," noted, contractor status has exploded in recent years and it can save you big on taxes and benefits. But you must get those classifications right – now more than ever!
The federal government predicts its crackdown on employee misclassification will reap at least $7 billion in federal revenue over the next 10 years. Don't become a notch on the IRS' belt! Discover your compliance mistakes now – before the feds do – and learn how to manage your independent contractors legally.
What your colleagues are saying
When this training was given recently, attendees showered rave reviews, including:
- "Very important and timely presentation. Great guidelines to follow"
- "Obviously expert speakers"
- "Great to have all the analysis and tests"
- "Great breakdown … causes me to take a closer look at a few individuals"
- "Lots of leading-edge knowledge and commentary with humor"
And because this is a webinar, there is no limit to the number of colleagues you can invite to sit in on this interactive event. I look forward to welcoming you September 20.
Pat DiDomenico, Editorial Director
P.S. Early Registration Bonus. The first 50 people who sign up for this informative webinar will receive Using Independent Contractors at no cost or obligation. This report offers step-by-step instructions on how to comply with IRS requirements without compromising your ability to make cost-effective hiring decisions. Others have paid $39.95 for this report, but we'll send you the download with our compliments … if you sign up today.
P.P.S. Extra Added Bonus. You'll also receive 5 issues of The HR Law Weekly newsletter. Every Wednesday, our team of attorneys and HR pros reviews the latest case law and regulations that may impact you. We'll also show you how to "lawsuit-proof" your HR practices – from avoiding handbook mistakes to training managers on hiring and firing the right way, and much more. To make sure you continue to benefit from this advice, we'll keep The HR Law Weekly coming for just $79/quarter until you tell us "no, thanks."
P.P.P.S. We promise you'll be satisfied. If Independent Contractor Workshop fails to meet your needs, we will refund 100% of your tuition – no questions asked. Your course materials, Early Registration Bonus and website access are all yours to keep.