On Friday, May 22, you will learn exactly what you CAN and CAN'T do to regulate employees' conduct – and how to satisfy the often-conflicting demands of the law.
You'll learn practical, concrete answers to questions such as:
- How far can you legally go in monitoring employee work at home?
- How do you track worktime vs. non-work time at home (and should you)?
- How does an employee's ability to work from home affect his potential right to a leave of absence these days?
- What are the legal dangers of employee smartphone use – at work and at home – and how can you minimize the risk? (You get a sample policy.)
- When can you legally monitor employees' email and social media posts – both at work and at home? When can you take action?
- It's a big election year – what type of employee political speech must you allow at work and in a WFH setting?
- Where can you draw the line these days on employees' at-home marijuana and alcohol usage? (We give you another sample company policy.)
- What should your Bring Your Own Device policy say – and how does it work when employees work from home? (Use our sample.)
- If employees are rude, abusive or harassing from their home computers, can your company still be liable?
In the blink of an eye, the lines between work and life have blurred. But, remember, you ARE still the boss of your employees, and it's your job to monitor conduct that impacts their performance. On May 22, discover your rights when it comes to managing and regulating their behavior – both in and outside of the workplace.
Pat DiDomenico, Editorial Director
P.S. Early Registration Bonus. The first 50 people to sign up for Regulating Employee Conduct On & Off the Job will receive a copy of You're Not the Boss of Me! This 26-page report gives you practical advice on how to legally address the five most troubling categories of at-work and off-premises conduct.
P.P.S. Extra Added Bonus. You'll also receive one month of Premium Plus Online – our comprehensive electronic information service. Premium Plus Online features more than 10,000 HR articles, online compliance self-audits, over 100 forms and checklists, plus Ask the Attorney (responses to your employment law questions). So that you continue to benefit from Premium Plus, we'll continue your access automatically for just $99 per quarter, unless you tell us "no, thanks" – your choice.
P.P.P.S. We promise you'll be satisfied. If Regulating Employee Conduct On & Off the Job fails to meet your needs in any way, we will refund 100% of your tuition – every penny you paid – but your course materials, early registration bonus and members-only website access will be yours to keep. No hassles, no questions asked.