Regulating Employee Conduct On & Off the Job will help you learn exactly what you CAN and CAN'T do to regulate employees' conduct – and how to satisfy the often-conflicting demands of the law.
You'll learn practical, concrete answers to questions such as:
- When can you legally monitor employees' email and social media posts – both at work and at home?
- When MUST you monitor an employee's Internet use?
- Can you refuse to hire people who smoke?
- Can you tell employees to cover up tattoos or piercings?
- Can long hair on a man be considered "religious expression"?
- Can you prevent employees from talking about their pay or benefits?
- When do dress and grooming restrictions go too far? (Use our sample policy.)
- How can you navigate the confusing mix of state and federal marijuana usage laws? (We give you a sample company policy.)
- What are the legal dangers of employee smartphone use – at work and at home – and how can you minimize the risk? (Again, you get a sample policy.)
- How can you craft a legally safe Bring Your Own Device policy? (Use our sample.)
- How much monitoring of employees' Internet usage is legal (and wise)?
- How can you legally and practically draw the line on other time wasters?
- What type of political speech must you tolerate inside and outside the office?
- Does a boss's favoritism toward an employee he's dating count as sex discrimination? You may be surprised. (See our model fraternization policy.)
Remember, you ARE the boss of your employees. So it's important to know your rights when it comes to managing and regulating their behavior – both in and out of the workplace.
Pat DiDomenico, Editorial Director
P.S. Early Registration Bonus. The first 50 people to sign up for Regulating Employee Conduct On & Off the Job will receive a copy of You're Not the Boss of Me! This 26-page report gives you practical advice on how to legally address the five most troubling categories of at-work and off-premises conduct.
P.P.S. Extra Added Bonus. You'll also receive one month of Premium Plus Online – our comprehensive electronic information service. Premium Plus Online features more than 10,000 HR articles, online compliance self-audits, over 100 forms and checklists, plus Ask the Attorney (responses to your employment law questions). So that you continue to benefit from Premium Plus, we'll continue your access automatically for just $99 per quarter, unless you tell us "no, thanks" – your choice.
P.P.P.S. We promise you'll be satisfied. If Regulating Employee Conduct On & Off the Job fails to meet your needs in any way, we will refund 100% of your tuition – every penny you paid – but your course materials, early registration bonus and members-only website access will be yours to keep. No hassles, no questions asked.