You'll get definitive, practical answers to the challenges you're dealing with right now, including:
- What's the line between prudent due diligence and illegal discrimination or invasion of privacy?
- Which social sites you should be using in your hiring outreach – and why
- How to advertise openings via social media without triggering a lawsuit (the EEOC is targeting employers who inadvertently discriminate with their online ads)
- What you can and cannot do with candidate information you find online (based on actual court cases)
- The policies – and best practices – you need to make sure hiring managers aren't doing their own unauthorized searches
- What the EEOC, DOL, NLRB and FCRA say you can and cannot do
- The difference between Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc. – and how to handle each one
- Which questions you can ask employees and applicants about their online activities – and which you shouldn't
- Are current employees' violent or racist postings mere "venting" … or warnings of workplace danger that you need to act on?
On December 19, discover how to draft a social media policy for all employees to follow – one that minimizes your legal risk and maximizes your chance of finding and retaining the best workers. You'll learn how to respond to common social media revelations (for applicants and employees) such as:
- Disclosure of criminal behavior, offensive conduct or extreme political beliefs
- Obvious disclosure of disability, race or other protected characteristics
- Offensive commentary that would violate your company standards (sexist, racist language and the like)
- Bad-mouthing present or past employers
The new rules of online recruiting include many legal landmines. In just 75 minutes, you'll learn how to navigate this brave new world to stay in compliance … and out of trouble!
Pat DiDomenico, Editorial Director
The HR Law Weekly
P.S. Registration Bonus. Everyone who signs up will receive a copy of Hire at Will, which helps you hire whoever you want without fear of huge jury verdicts. Your hiring practices are under scrutiny like never before. Laws and regulations have turned the hiring process into a bureaucratic nightmare rife with potential lawsuits. This 68-page special report is packed with advice and real-life examples to help you hire who you want without fear of huge jury verdicts. This $39.95 book is yours free, IF you register today.
P.P.S. Extra Added Bonus. You'll also receive 5 issues of The HR Law Weekly newsletter. Every Wednesday, our team of attorneys and HR pros reviews the latest case law and regulations that may impact you. We'll also show you how to "lawsuit-proof" your HR practices – from avoiding handbook mistakes to training managers on hiring and firing the right way, and much more. To make sure you continue to benefit from this advice, we'll keep The HR Law Weekly coming for just $79/quarter until you tell us "no, thanks."
P.P.P.S. We promise you'll be satisfied. If Online Recruiting & Hiring fails to meet your needs in any way, we will refund 100% of your tuition – no hassles, no questions asked. Your conference materials, registration bonus and 5 issues of The HR Law Weekly are yours to keep.