On Friday, September 14, join payroll expert Alice Gilman, Esq., the editor of Payroll Legal Alert, for our timely webinar, Timekeeping & Payroll Recordkeeping: Legal Compliance for 2018. You'll discover:
- What the DOL and IRS look for in your time and pay records – and how to minimize the damage (and liability) of your mistakes.
- The best practices in tracking time (paper? electronic?) for different types of employees – exempt/nonexempts, telecommuters, etc.
- The one common misstep in correcting employees' time records that will make you a DOL target.
- How to legally respond when time records are missing, inaccurate or incomplete.
- How to spot errors in your timekeeping, including the 3 most common causes of unpaid working time and the 2 FLSA safe harbors that can save you.
- Which are the vital tax records you must keep. (Hint: it's more than just copies of tax forms you've already filed!)
- The legally safe way to track time for exempt employees. (Too much or too little gets you in trouble!)
- How to set up a timekeeping system for employees who work at home.
- Plus, answers to all your own questions about timekeeping and recordkeeping from a payroll superlawyer!
The bottom line: All tax and wage & hour audits depend on the quality of your records. Bad records will sink you every time. And while it's more important than ever to stay in compliance, it's also more complex.
On September 14, let Alice explain in plain English how you can master this core HR responsibility – and keep your organization out of court!
Pat DiDomenico, Editorial Director
Payroll Legal Alert
P.S. Two Registration Bonuses. Each webinar attendee will receive a copy of our 2018 Payroll Checklist. This 14-page, step-by-step compliance guide will notify you of each deadline and action item required for every pay period, month and calendar quarter of 2018. You'll also receive A Manager's Guide to Lawsuit-Free Documentation, a 19-page report that can help you train your management team to create a paper trail that won't land you in court.
P.P.S. Extra Added Bonus. You'll also get a full month of access to PayrollLegalAlert.com – our exclusive, members-only website. Our helpful articles, forms, tables and charts will help you improve every aspect of your payroll operation – and your website also includes the comprehensive Payroll Compliance Handbook. So that you continue to benefit from PayrollLegalAlert.com, we'll continue your access automatically for just $89 per quarter, until you tell us "no, thanks" – your choice.
P.P.P.S. We promise you'll be satisfied. If this webinar fails to meet your needs in any way, we will refund 100% of your tuition – no hassles, no questions asked. Your conference materials, website access and registration bonuses are yours to keep.