This timely briefing will include training on:
More worksite audits, raids and penalties
- I-9 audits on the rise – what's next, and how should you prepare?
- Franchisor liability – what we learned from the 7-11 allegations
- Increased risk for immigration raids under Trump
- Increased fine matrix takes effect (fine levels are up by 96%)
New rules on document bias and employment visas
- OSC issues new regulations on discrimination in I-9 document requests
- What documents you can request – and when
- Increased investigations and other Trump administration changes
- New changes to employment-based visa rules kick in & more to come
E-Verify: Current and future compliance
- Who must use the online system?
- Is mandatory E-Verify coming? If so, to whom and when?
- Section 3 revalidation addition
- Best practices to stay in compliance
The 'Smart' I-9 form
- What's new on the form and why you should care
- Top tips to complete, retain and reverify on this revised form
- How the Smart I-9 interacts with E-Verify
- Effects of the new EB and entrepreneur regulations
- How to use the new I-9 handbook
Plus, you'll have the opportunity to ask Kevin your specific question about these timely issues.
Remember, your only defense against serious monetary penalties and criminal arrests is strict compliance with all of these confusing (and constantly changing) immigration rules. On April 19, learn all the new developments and how to stay in compliance … and out of court.
Pat DiDomenico, Editorial Director
P.S. Early Registration Bonus. The first 50 people to sign up will receive our special report, I-9 Forms: A Guide to Employment Verification, which explains the legally safe steps to complete an I-9, plus tips on document retention, the E-Verify program and answers to frequently asked questions about the I-9 process.
P.P.S. Extra Added Bonus. You'll also receive one month of Premium Plus Online – our comprehensive electronic information service – at no cost. Premium Plus Online features more than 10,000 HR articles, online compliance self-audits, over 100 forms and checklists, plus Ask the Attorney (responses to your employment law questions). So that you continue to benefit from Premium Plus, we'll continue your access automatically for just $99 per quarter, unless you tell us "no, thanks" – your choice.
P.P.P.S. We promise you'll be satisfied. If Employers & Immigration 2019 fails to meet your needs, we will instantly refund 100% of your tuition. Your course materials, website access and registration bonus are all yours to keep. No hassles, no questions asked.