The new flexibility for I-9s and E-Verify are just latest immigration-law changes facing employers. You’re dealing with a new version of the I-9 … a dramatic increase in worksite I-9 audits and raids … restrictions to guest-worker visas … increased fines and enforcement levels … possible mandatory use of E-Verify … and more.
This timely briefing on April 14 will cover:
'Virtual verification' of I-9s allowed for first time
- Which employers can now review I-9 documents via video or email
- How long this will last—and will it be extended
- Who can now serve as an “authorized representative” to review documents (almost anyone!)
More worksite audits, raids and penalties
- I-9 audits on the rise – what's next, and how should you prepare?
- Increased risk for immigration raids under Trump
- Increased fine matrix takes effect (fine levels are up by 96%)
New rules on document bias and employment visas
- What documents you can request – and when
- OSC issues new regulations on discrimination in I-9 document requests
- New changes to employment-based visa rules kick in & more to come
E-Verify: Current and future compliance changes
- How to handle E-Verify during the COVID-19 crisis (new flexibility from DHS)
- Best practices to stay in compliance in this new environment
- Is mandatory E-Verify coming? If so, to whom and when?
The updated I-9 form
- What's new on the form and why you should care
- Top tips to complete, retain and reverify on this revised form
- How the Smart I-9 interacts with E-Verify
Plus, you'll have the opportunity to ask Kevin your specific question about these new changes and timely issues.
Remember, your only defense against serious monetary penalties and criminal arrests is strict compliance with all of these confusing (and constantly changing) immigration rules. On April 14, learn all the new developments and how to stay in compliance … and out of court.
Pat DiDomenico, Editorial Director
P.S. Early Registration Bonus. The first 50 people to sign up will receive our Special Report, Verifying Employment Eligibility: Form I-9 Compliance, which explains the legally safe steps to complete an I-9, plus tips on document retention, the E-Verify program and answers to frequently asked immigration-law questions.
P.P.S. Extra Added Bonus. You'll also receive one month of Premium Plus Online – our comprehensive electronic information service – at no cost. Premium Plus Online features more than 10,000 HR articles, online compliance self-audits, over 100 forms and checklists, plus Ask the Attorney (responses to your employment law questions). So that you continue to benefit from Premium Plus, we'll continue your access automatically for just $99 per quarter, unless you tell us "no, thanks" – your choice.
P.P.P.S. We promise you'll be satisfied. If The New Employer Rules on I-9s, E-Verify and Visas fails to meet your needs, we will instantly refund 100% of your tuition. Your course materials, website access and early registration bonus are all yours to keep. No hassles, no questions asked.