You will learn:
- How to create specific, smart policies on employees' use of their own and company equipment – both on and off the job.
- The risks associated with new tech devices, both in terms of the loss of proprietary information, legal liability, harassment and more.
- How to avoid today's most popular overtime lawsuit: off-the-clock work involving smartphones and laptops.
- How to preserve trade secrets and confidential information in the digital age. (Did you know that one-third of companies last year experienced "exposure" incidents compromising company data on sites such as Facebook and LinkedIn?)
- How to investigate inappropriate conduct involving technology devices and Facebook accounts owned by the employee.
- The latest court rulings that spell out the privacy rights you must extend to employees and applicants.
This is no theoretical discussion. Brian will explain the concrete, legally safe steps that every employer should take to minimize the legal risks. Every attendee will receive our companion 49-page booklet that's packed with advice on the topic and includes sample policies that you can adapt in your workplace. Plus, he will answer your specific questions about this confusing and timely topic during the Q&A session.
According to a recent study, companies that monitor employee email report that about 25% of outgoing email contains content that could pose a legal, financial or regulatory risk. Don't leave your company open to such a legal disaster.
The bottom line: Technology has increased employers' legal risks. You can do nothing and play lawsuit roulette. Or you can identify the liability holes in your organization and learn how to patch them. Get started by registering now for The Wired Workplace.
Pat DiDomenico, Editorial Director
P.S. Registration Bonus. Each webinar attendee will receive a copy of The Wired Workplace: Sample Policies and More, a 49-page downloadable book that includes sample policies you can adapt on employees' use of computers, social media, smartphones, mobile devices, texting while driving and more. It includes an in-depth report on how to structure your company policies and practices to stay lawsuit free!
P.P.S. Extra Added Bonus. You'll also receive 5 issues of the The HR Law Weekly newsletter. Every Wednesday, our team of attorneys and HR pros reviews the latest case law and regulations that may impact you. We'll also show you how to "lawsuit-proof" your HR practices – from avoiding handbook mistakes to training managers on hiring and firing the right way, and much more. To make sure you continue to benefit from this advice, we'll keep The HR Law Weekly coming for just $79/quarter until you tell us "no, thanks."
P.P.P.S. We promise you'll be satisfied. If The Wired Workplace fails to meet your needs in any way, we will refund 100% of your tuition – no hassles, no questions asked. Your conference materials, registration bonus and 5 issues of The HR Law Weekly are all yours to keep.