Attorney Anniken Davenport will provide a clear explanation of what HR and supervisors must do to prepare for and carry out a termination. Anniken literally wrote the book on the topic, Fire at Will, and you'll receive a complimentary copy just for registering.
In this 75-minute, interactive webinar, Anniken will give you definitive, practical guidance on:
- The best way for supervisors to document discipline and performance to support legal terminations
- The correct step-by-step protocol for termination meetings (where, when, with who and what to say)
- What must ALWAYS be said during a termination … and what must NEVER be said
- How to use a well-written severance agreement to avoid lawsuits
- Simple words that ease tension and prevent arguments and violence during the firing
- The best day and time of the week to terminate groups of employees versus individuals
- How WARN and mini-WARN laws work when laying off large numbers of employees
- When and how to contest unemployment benefits
- What extra care to take if the employee has made a discrimination complaint
- Plus, answers to your specific questions on termination policies and procedures!
In airplanes, takeoffs and landings are the most dangerous part of the flight. The same is true with employees. Hirings – and, even more so, firings – are the biggest flash points for employee lawsuits.
Now is the time to prepare yourself and your supervisors for the rollercoaster emotions … unpredictable actions … and legal risks that inevitably follow terminations. I look forward to welcoming you on March 20.
Pat DiDomenico, Editorial Director
P.S. Early Registration Bonuses. The first 50 people who register for this webinar will receive our top-selling, newly updated special report, Fire at Will: Terminating Your Employees Legally. Packed with 60 pages of valuable advice, it shows simple techniques that give you a concrete legal position in almost any situation. Plus, you'll receive a recording of our previous webinar, Termination Pay: When to Pay It, How to Pay It, and How to Tax It, which will help you find out if your termination pay practices are correct and compliant with federal and state regulations.
P.P.S. Extra Added Bonus. You'll receive one month of Premium Plus Online – our comprehensive electronic information service. Premium Plus Online features more than 10,000 HR articles, online compliance self-audits, over 100 forms and checklists, plus Ask the Attorney (responses to your employment law questions). So that you continue to benefit from Premium Plus, we'll continue your access automatically for just $99 per quarter, unless you tell us "no, thanks" – your choice.
P.P.P.S. We promise you'll be satisfied. If the Termination Workshop fails to meet your needs in any way, we will refund 100% of your tuition – no hassles, no questions asked. Your conference materials, website access and Early Registration Bonuses are yours to keep.