The program will include the following topics:
- The 5 most common coaching roadblocks
- Quick Quiz: Your personal barriers to coaching
- Understanding and using the performance distribution curve
- Why "wimpy managers" aren't really managers at all
- 7 specific causes of employee performance issues
- 5 coaching challenges: Newbies, Androids, Power Grabbers, Clingers, & Divas
- "Management presence": the key ingredient for coaching success
- The difference between developmental coaching & remedial coaching
- How managers sometimes contribute to performance problems
- Improving employee performance by shifting your leadership style
- The 10-step formula for an effective coaching discussion
- How to engage an employee in the coaching process
- Managing employee diversions: keeping the coaching discussion on track
- Following up: the secret to coaching success
- When to employ corrective action instead of coaching
- When coaching doesn't work: Slackers, Square Pegs, & Poisonous People
In every management job, coaching challenges occur on a regular basis. New employees confront learning curves, seasoned staff members tackle unfamiliar tasks, and difficult employees create workplace problems. But since no one is born knowing how to be a coach, managers must learn the specific skills and techniques required to handle these situations effectively.
Join us March 26 to find out all the secrets to effectively coaching others to improved performance.
Pat DiDomenico, Editorial Director
Managing People at Work
P.S. Early Registration Bonus. The first 50 people who sign up for Coaching Skills for Managers & Supervisors will receive A Manager's Guide to Overcoming Negativity in the Workplace. Just like one bad apple spoils a barrel, one employee with a negative attitude can bring down an entire team. It pays to turn a negative attitude around – not only for efficiency and productivity, but because one wrong move and your company could find itself face-to-face with a lawsuit. This PDF download will help you banish negativity from your workplace – and your own management style. The results will brighten even the most sullen employee.
P.P.S. Extra Added Bonus. You'll also receive one month of members-only access to ManagingPeopleAtWork.com – our comprehensive online resource designed to make you a stronger, better-prepared manager. So that you continue to benefit from ManagingPeopleAtWork.com, we'll continue your access automatically for just $89 per quarter, unless you tell us "no, thanks" – your choice.
P.P.P.S. We promise you'll be satisfied. If Coaching Skills for Managers & Supervisors fails to meet your needs, we well refund 100% of your tuition – no hassles, no questions asked. Your course materials, website access and early registration bonus are all yours to keep.