Attorney Anniken Davenport provides a clear explanation of what HR and supervisors must do to prepare for and carry out a termination. Anniken literally wrote the book on the topic, Fire at Will.
In this 75-minute webinar recording, Anniken gives you definitive, practical guidance on:
- The best way for supervisors to document discipline and performance to support legal terminations
- The correct step-by-step protocol for termination meetings (where, when, with who and what to say)
- What must ALWAYS be said during a termination … and what must NEVER be said
- How to use a well-written severance agreement to avoid lawsuits
- Simple words that ease tension and prevent arguments and violence during the firing
- The best day and time of the week to terminate groups of employees versus individuals
- How WARN and mini-WARN laws work when laying off large numbers of employees
- When and how to contest unemployment benefits
- What extra care to take if the employee has made a discrimination complaint
In airplanes, takeoffs and landings are the most dangerous part of the flight. The same is true with employees. Hirings – and, even more so, firings – are the biggest flash points for employee lawsuits.
Now is the time to prepare yourself and your supervisors for the rollercoaster emotions … unpredictable actions … and legal risks that inevitably follow terminations. Get your copy of Termination Workshop now!
Pat DiDomenico, Editorial Director
P.S. Your satisfaction is unconditionally guaranteed. If Termination Workshop fails to meet your needs, we will refund every penny you paid – no hassles, no questions asked.