In this 75-minute webinar, Fred Kniggendorf, Ph.D., will discuss the most common types of errors, what you can do to catch – and fix – them and the skills you need to produce effective, error-free communication.
- When to use a comma before the seven coordinating conjunctions
- One very outdated proofing tip you'll hear about at practically every writing seminar
- Why it's important that you have a style guide available when you write
- Should bulleted items have periods? We'll talk about it!
- Why you need to know basic punctuation rules
- How to recognize trite and overused business words and phrases ("Pursuant to," "We are in receipt of") and some suggestions of what to use instead
- What to look for when proofing and editing displayed and paragraphed lists
- Editing out wasted words (e.g., "that are," "which is," "who was")
- Why you should read a document aloud. (You'll catch errors and determine how it will sound to the reader as they sub-vocalize.)
Most readers of reports and emails are skeptical of the information contained in documents that are riddled with easily corrected surface errors. Don't let yours be one of them.
Get your proofreading and editing skills revved up with Proofread With Perfection: Proofreading and Editing Techniques for Flawless Communication.
Pat DiDomenico, Editorial Director
P.S. Early Registration Bonus. The first 50 to sign up for Proofread With Perfection: Proofreading and Editing Techniques for Flawless Communication will receive a download of Business Writing That Gets Results. From common errors (and how to avoid them) to tips on structure, revisions and more, this Executive Summary will help you improve your business communication skills. We'll email it to you as a PDF download at no cost whatsoever – IF you're one of the first 50 to sign up.
P.P.S. Extra Added Bonus. You'll also receive one month of members-only access to CommunicationBriefings.com – our comprehensive online resource designed to make you a stronger, better-prepared manager. So that you continue to benefit from CommunicationBriefings.com, we'll continue your access automatically for just $97 per quarter, unless you tell us "no, thanks" – your choice.
P.P.P.S. We promise you'll be satisfied. If Proofread With Perfection: Proofreading and Editing Techniques for Flawless Communication fails to meet your needs, we will refund 100% of your tuition – no hassles, no questions asked. Your course materials, website access and early registration bonus are yours to keep.