Register now for our timely webinar, I-9 Compliance Workshop. You'll be learning from a true immigration law expert and Washington insider. Attorney Kevin Lashus is a former assistant chief counsel at the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
Specifically, you will learn:
- I-9 101. Discover 10 essential steps to correctly fill out the revised version of the I-9
- Documents. Which documents you can review for Lists A, B and C – and what has changed
- Copying. Whether you should make copies of driver's licenses and other supporting documents
- Review. How far you are required to go to determine if a document is "genuine"
- Retention. Where you must store I-9s and how long you must retain them
- Disposal. The proper way to discard I-9s
- Reverification. How to handle reverification in the most legally safe and efficient way possible
- Internal audits. What can be corrected and who should be auditing
- Best practices. What else you should be doing
- Electronic I-9 systems. What to consider when going paperless
The penalties are severe for I-9 violations, and the government is no longer negotiating fines of pennies on the dollar. I-9 fine levels were raised by 96% last year. And fines for "substantive" violations can reach $16,000 for each occurrence.
ICE is also focused on building criminal cases out of I-9 audits. Don't run the risk of your boss (or you!) being led off in handcuffs. Develop solid, audit-proof I-9 practices by joining us July 6 for this important interactive event.
Pat DiDomenico, Editorial Director
P.S. Early Registration Bonus. The first 50 people to register for the webinar will receive Maintaining Your I-9 Forms: Employer Best Practices and the Top 10 Do's and Don'ts. The white paper explains the legally safe steps to complete an I-9, plus tips on document retention, reverification and preventative audits.
P.P.S. Extra Added Bonus. You'll also receive one month of Premium Plus Online – our comprehensive electronic information service – at no cost. Premium Plus Online features more than 10,000 HR articles, online compliance self-audits, over 100 forms and checklists, plus Ask the Attorney (responses to your employment law questions). So that you continue to benefit from Premium Plus, we'll continue your access automatically for just $99 per quarter, unless you tell us "no, thanks" – your choice.
P.P.P.S. We promise you'll be satisfied. If the I-9 Compliance Workshop fails to meet your needs, we will instantly refund 100% of your tuition. Your course materials, registration bonus and website access are yours to keep. No hassles, no questions asked.