With all the attention on remote employees this year, you still likely have employees in your main workplace. And it’s easy to overlook the messy legal and policy trouble that await Payroll and HR if you don’t plan now.
This timely webinar recording, led by payroll expert Alice Gilman, Esq., the editor of Payroll Legal Alert, will teach you:
- Who gets paid and who doesn’t—both exempts and nonexempts—when the office closes for the day or shuts down early (you’ll get a handy flowchart!)
- How to avoid the 5 most common overtime mistakes when bad weather affects nonexempts' working time
- How paying double time to nonexempts can actually SAVE your company money
- The law on paying remote employees if they are unable to work due to weather reasons
- If you need to shut your doors for COVID reasons, must you pay exempt or nonexempt workers for those days?
- The ins and outs of an effective inclement weather policy, and how to deal with slackers who use bad weather as an excuse to come in late or take too much time off
- An overview of disaster preparedness that can save the company a bundle in fines for nonpayment of wages
- How you can support employees who've been through a disaster, including making tax-free cash payments
Never be left wondering, "Are we doing it right?" Inclement Weather Policies will explain how to establish rock-solid, legally safe policies and practices. Get your copy now!
Pat DiDomenico, Editorial Director
Payroll Legal Alert
P.S. Your satisfaction is unconditionally guaranteed. If Inclement Weather Policies fails to meet your needs, we will refund every penny you paid – no hassles, no questions asked.