Don’t be discouraged if acronyms like “ADA,” “FLSA” and “FMLA” make your head spin. HR Memos to Managers uses plain English to explain employment law and different forms of discrimination. You’ll also receive tips on areas that can be difficult to navigate, like confronting poor performers ... helping workers through personal crises ... and reducing job stress.
You’ll be able to put the Memos to use right away. The handbook includes self-tests for discussing performance problems, discovering whether you’re a micromanager, determining whether you discipline fairly and more.
Here are just a few of the memos from this guide:
- FMLA, ADA, FLSA and more: The 10 employment laws every manager should know
- Dirty Dozen: 12 manager mistakes that spark lawsuits
- 25 off-limits interview questions
- How to write effective, legal job descriptions
- 5 warning signs of performance-review problems
- The best managers are the best listeners: 4 steps
- How to identify (and reverse) employee disengagement
- Improve your time management: 6 tips for managers
- How to master the art of effective delegating
- Prevent “cubicle rage”: 6 ways to calm angry staff
- Steer clear of these 7 red flags before you terminate
Make sure your managers know all there is to know about HR. You’ll save yourself and your company tons of time and hassle – and maybe even a lawsuit. Plus, your employees will be happy to know that they’re in good hands.
Phillip A. Ash