There's been a dizzying amount of payroll changes recently …
- 3 new payroll tax credits
- Mandatory paid sick/family leave for certain employees
- Revised Forms 941 and 941-X and new W-2 reporting requirements to account for those credits
- Deferrals of Social Security taxes
- Forgivable loans, if you kept paying employees for 24 weeks (which employees is a different matter)
And that's not to mention all the other changes, including the newly revised (and still troublesome) W-4 and the new proposed withholding regulations.
This may be your last, best shot to avoid big trouble (and big fines) related to all the pandemic payroll tax relief.
Payroll Update 2020: New Tax Code, New Tax Credits and Required Changes will help you find out what you must do (and NOT do) in the fourth quarter of this year to stay in compliance with federal and state payroll laws, including the big payroll changes required by two federal laws and Executive Orders in response to the coronavirus pandemic.