What to do? Now is the time to understand these changes once and for all – and get in compliance. HR Update: Independent Contractor Compliance will teach you:
- How to create independent contractor relationships that meet IRS, DOL, NLRB and state agency requirements.
- The benefits of using independent contractors (same work, lower costs, fewer hassles) and the inherent risks (reclassifications leading to huge tax, wage and benefit payments).
- COVID-19 developments affecting independent contractors, such as eligibility for unemployment compensation.
- Why the feds are cracking down now, what they're looking for and how you can achieve compliance.
- What employers can expect from the Trump administration and states on this issue.
- The key factors the DOL and IRS consider (and you should, too) in making classification decisions.
- The IRS test, the so-called "Darden Factors" and the "Economic Realities" standard.
- Important court cases that help draw a brighter line between contractors and employees.
- The steps you should take to deal safely with independent contractors.
As a Wall Street Journal report, "The End of Employees," noted, contractor status has exploded in recent years and it can save you big on taxes and benefits. But you must get those classifications right – now more than ever!
The federal government predicts its crackdown on employee misclassification will reap at least $7 billion in federal revenue over the next 10 years. Don't become a notch on the IRS' belt! Discover your compliance mistakes now – before the feds do – and learn how to manage your independent contractors legally. Get your copy of HR Update: Independent Contractor Compliance now!
Pat DiDomenico, Editorial Director
P.S. Your satisfaction is unconditionally guaranteed. If Independent Contractor Compliance fails to meet your needs, we will refund every penny you paid – no hassles, no questions asked.