The 6 Secrets Every Supervisor
Needs to Know
You've been promoted… so now what?
No one is born knowing how to be a supervisor. And no other job can prepare you for this challenging assignment. Now, you not only have to worry about your performance, you have to worry about how others perform, too.
The good news is you can quickly add the “secrets” of successful managers to your supervisory toolkit.
To help you excel as a first-time manager or an experienced supervisor, Managing People at Work has teamed up with workplace guru and syndicated columnist Marie McIntyre to help you make the transition from co-worker to supervisor. Introducing The 6 Secrets Every Supervisor Needs to Know.
In this webinar recording, Marie explores six strategies for bringing out the “SUPER” in every supervisor. Whether you were promoted over your peers (always a tough change!) or brought in from the outside (a completely different kind of challenge!), these leadership techniques will help to increase your credibility with employees and ease your transition into a management role.
In 75 fast-paced minutes, you'll learn:
- Why you can't be both a buddy and a boss
- Getting comfortable with the power of your position
- Understanding the difference between leadership & management
- 5 distinct leadership styles: Identifying your personal strengths & weaknesses
- Why successful managers make 360° communication their top priority
- The critical importance of building a strong partnership with your boss
- What it means to be an effective “linking pin” in your organization
- How to be a good role model: Recognizing the impact of “leadership messages”
- 6 specific strategies for motivating different types of employees
- The Performance Management Cycle: How to become a coach instead of a critic
- Using a 10-step “coaching road map” for successful performance discussions
- How to respond to employee complaints without arguing or agreeing
- Avoiding the 7 “trouble traits” that can derail your management career
- And more!
Imagine being the boss everyone WANTS to work for! Find out how to excel as a first-time manager — or hone your supervisory skills. Get The 6 Secrets Every Supervisor Needs to Know now!
Pat DiDomenico, Editorial Director
Business Management Daily
P.S. Your satisfaction is unconditionally guaranteed. If The 6 Secrets Every Supervisor Needs to Know fails to meet your needs, we will refund every penny you paid — no hassles, no questions asked.
The 6 Secrets Every Supervisor Needs to Know
About Your Speaker:
Marie G. McIntyre, Ph.D., writes the weekly workplace advice column, Your Office Coach, which appears in newspapers nationwide. Her practical, down-to-earth advice is based on years of experience as a manager, HR director and consultant. Marie's latest book, Secrets to Winning at Office Politics, has been described as “a survival manual for the corporate jungle.” She is frequently quoted in national publications, including Fortune, the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal and CNBC Online. As a consultant, Marie has worked with a wide variety of business and government organizations, including Cisco, The Home Depot, Walgreens, AT&T and Panasonic. She also provides individual advice and career coaching through her website, YourOfficeCoach.com.