Your trainer for the event will be payroll expert Alice Gilman, Esq., editor of Payroll Legal Alert and Payroll Compliance Handbook.
This timely webinar will teach you:
- How your payroll administration must change under the new tax laws.
- Whether you qualify for the new paid family leave tax credit, and how that credit is calculated. Good news: Employees located in states that mandate paid leave aren't left out in the cold.
- The new criteria for deducting employees' meal expenses.
- Which fringe benefits you can still offer tax-free.
- Important compliance tips for 2019 on emerging state and federal payroll issues.
- How to correctly determine the cost of employer-provided parking that's now disallowed on your corporate return.
- Key lessons from recent court decisions on payroll issues. (The IRS almost never loses a case!) Learn the 8 simple ways you can stay out of legal payroll trouble.
- How to cope with the IRS's Payroll National Research Project – those intensive line-by-line payroll audits that have already hit 6,000 employers. Learn what the IRS is hunting for.
- How to respond to an IRS penalty for not offering affordable group health insurance.
- The IRS's audit protocols for all payroll audits and the 7 stress-reducing do's and don'ts to survive any audit.
- Why you need to pay more attention to state payroll laws, like wage theft laws and paid sick leave laws.
- The 6 essential steps to stay out of hot water if you're thinking about paying employees using paycards.
- And much, much more…
Bonus: Each attendee will receive a complimentary copy of our 2019 Payroll Checklist, a 15-page, step-by-step compliance guide to each pay period, month and calendar quarter of the year. There's also an extra bonus (read on for details …).
This 75-minute training session gives you practical, easy-to-understand solutions to the complex payroll issues you'll face throughout the year. Plus, you'll get answers to your specific questions during our interactive Q&A session with Alice.
Payroll mistakes can be costly… in terms of dollars and upper management's belief in the payroll department. Never again wonder "Am I doing it right?" Learn how to comply with confidence and avoid the IRS's heat.
Pat DiDomenico, Editorial Director
Payroll Legal Alert
P.S. Registration Bonus. Everyone who signs up will receive a copy of our 2019 Payroll Checklist. This 15-page, step-by-step compliance guide will notify you about every deadline and action item required for every pay period, month and calendar quarter of 2019.
P.P.S. Extra Added Bonus. You'll also get a full month of access to PayrollLegalAlert.com – our exclusive, members-only website. Our helpful articles, forms, tables and charts will help you improve every aspect of your payroll operation – and your website also includes the comprehensive Payroll Compliance Handbook. So that you continue to benefit from PayrollLegalAlert.com, we'll continue your access automatically for just $89 per quarter, until you tell us "no, thanks" – your choice.
P.P.P.S. We promise you'll be satisfied. If Payroll Update 2019 fails to meet your needs, we will instantly refund 100% of your tuition. Your course materials, 2019 Payroll Checklist and members-only website access will be yours to keep. No hassles, no questions asked.