2. Use this series of framing questions. First, ask:
- Where are we so far?
- Can we report the status of the project’s main elements, listing everything we know?
- What do we want to achieve at this meeting, specifically?
3. At the next meeting, ask:
- What’s the best way to reach our goal for this meeting?
- Should we brainstorm or share what we’ve prepared?
- How should we best think this through as a group?
- Let’s throw around a few options and work out how to move forward.
4. Make assignments and tap the energy of the group.
- What are our action items?
- Who’s the best person to focus on each particular action?
- How do we make this happen?
- What’s our deadline? (This is essential.)
- Next steps?
— Adapted from Quiet Leadership, David Rock, Collins.