Wage, Hour, & Overtime Compliance
Learn how to master complex wage and hour laws.
Classifying employees and then paying them correctly is complicated—and it triggers more lawsuits and penalties than any other HR topic. Plus, the Biden administration has made hunting down Fair Labor Standards Act violations a major priority. With former union leader Marty Walsh leading the DOL, investigators are once again knocking on business doors and collecting record fines.
Are you absolutely sure you understand how to accurately classify employees, track hours, pay overtime, keep records and comply with other federal and state wage laws?
Discover how to master all these complex pay regulations in this newly updated wage and hour webinar. Learn how to find and defuse wage mistakes before they trigger legal trouble.
Agenda for Wage, Hour, & Overtime Compliance:
- Employee or contractor? Discover how to make the right call as the independent-contractor definition shifts.
- Exempt or nonexempt? Learn to use the right tests to classify employees as either nonexempt, eligible for overtime or exempt, not eligible.
- Breaks, travel, on-call. Stop wasting money or risking lawsuits by learning when to pay for travel time, on-call hours, meal breaks, training time and more.
- After-hours tasks. In the era of smartphones, email and remote work, learn what must be paid time.
- Docking pay. Know when the law allows you to dock the pay of salaried employees.
- Remote work. Why every employer should review their telecommuting agreements.
- Inspections, audits. What to do if DOL or ICE agents show up and demand your pay records or arrest your workers.
- Overtime. How to pay it—and how to legally prevent unauthorized OT.
- Fixing mistakes. How to resolve pay and classification errors without triggering a lawsuit or DOL investigation.
- What’s to come. Prepare for the Biden administration’s upcoming FLSA changes and wage enforcement.
During this 75-minute training, you’ll learn how to:
- Classify workers correctly, based on the new rules.
Exempt or nonexempt? Employee or independent contractor? Learn the latest rules to easily decide.
- Pay your workers correctly.
Updated advice on everything from on-call hours and breaks to travel time and after-hours work.
- Identify coming trends and liability risks.
Remote work opens a whole new can of FLSA worms, and the DOL is increasing enforcement.
View a free clip:
Anniken Davenport is a noted employment law attorney and the editor of HR Specialist: Employment Law. She has authored several books, including Bullet-Proof Your Employee Handbook and Overtime & Other Tricky Pay Issues, published by HR Specialist. She is a co-author of the upcoming Labor & Employment Law for the 21st Century by Prentice Hall. Anniken has served as a professor at Penn State University, where she taught business law and HR management, and she directed the Legal Studies Program at Wilson College. Her legal career includes representing government units in discrimination and other employment law cases and representing school districts in labor negotiations.
Professional Certification Credit Hours Included:
Business Management Daily is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDC) for SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP® recertification activities.
HRCI has pre-approved this activity for recertification credit toward the aPHR®, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, aPHRi™, PHRi™, GPHR® and SPHRi™ certifications. The content of the activity submitted has met the criteria of the Approved Provider Program.
Your satisfaction is unconditionally guaranteed:
If Wage, Hour, & Overtime Compliance fails to meet your needs, we will refund every penny you paid – no hassles, no questions asked.