Managing Your Digital HR Records:
A Compliance Workshop
A Compliance Workshop
“If you don't have a good attitude, we don't want you, no matter how skilled you are. We can change skill levels through training. We can't change attitude." – Herb Kelleher, Founder, Southwest Airlines
More than 85% of your company’s records are created and stored electronically—everything from emails to Slack messages to social media. And COVID has made digital recordkeeping even more legally risky, as your company must follow specific new rules for saving and deleting vaccine records, medical records and more.
Are you 100% confident that your HR department is retaining (and purging) those legal documents in full compliance with the law? And what are the retention rules if employees are working at home on their own computers?
Don't leave the handling of your electronic HR documents and business records to chance. Compliance with the law is mandatory, and mistakes can be expensive (to your company and your career). Discover a step-by-step HR strategy for preserving … protecting … producing … and even destroying your company’s digital records.
Agenda for Managing Your Digital HR Records:
In this session, led by nationally recognized recordkeeping expert Nancy Flynn, founder of The ePolicy Institute, you will learn:
Record Retention for HR Professionals: What You Need to Know
- How to ensure the effective management of electronic business records in 7 steps
- How social media and mobile devices increase your record risks—and how to respond
- How to legally manage your COVID-related records like vaccine card images and medical data
Records Management and E-Discovery
- Best practices for preserving, protecting & producing lawful ESI
- E-discovery: Courts can demand that you quickly hand over e-documents
- Electronic evidence: How to ensure electronic records are legally valid
Effective E-Record Policies & Procedures
- How to write effective record retention policies—and "litigation hold" rules
- How to draft e-policies governing email, mobile devices, BYOD, social media, text messaging, the web and more
- How to create—and adhere to—e-deletion schedules
Best Practices to Minimize Record Risks & Maximize Legal Compliance
- How to support your record management with employee training
- Technology solutions to shore up privacy violations & security breaches
In this 75-minute training, you will learn how to:
- Get in compliance.
Employers face a maze of federal and state laws on electronically stored information (ESI).
- Minimize your liability risks.
One recordkeeping mistake can trigger painful audits and seven-figure fines (and a career black eye).
- Know what to keep & for how long.
Discover how to store, save and “shred” your company’s e-records.
View a free clip:
A recognized expert on workplace compliance and communication, Nancy Flynn is the founder and executive director of The ePolicy Institute and Business Writing Institute. She provides training and consulting services to clients seeking to minimize compliance risks and maximize communication skills. Nancy is an in-demand trainer and the author of 13 books including The ePolicy Toolkit, The Social Media Handbook and Writing Effective E-Mail. She also serves as an expert witness in litigation related to workplace email and web use. A popular news source, she has been quoted in The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Time, Fortune and CNN.
Professional Certification Credit Hours Included:
Business Management Daily is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDC) for SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP® recertification activities.
HRCI has pre-approved this activity for recertification credit toward the aPHR®, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, aPHRi™, PHRi™, GPHR® and SPHRi™ certifications. The content of the activity submitted has met the criteria of the Approved Provider Program.
Your satisfaction is unconditionally guaranteed:
If Managing Your Digital HR Records: A Compliance Workshop fails to meet your needs, we will refund every penny you paid – no hassles, no questions asked.