Avoiding COVID Liability in 2022: An HR Workshop
“U.S. Businesses Fear Never-Ending Liability from ‘Take Home’ COVID lawsuits” – Reuters
Vaccine rules … medical accommodations … employee leave … return-to-work policies … remote work … handling positive tests … pay decisions … safety/mask policies.
COVID has sparked a wave of legal claims against employers that are crashing into U.S. courts, leading to more and more headlines like the one above. The COVID Lawsuit Tracker by the Littler law firm just passed 5,000 employee lawsuits since the start of the pandemic. It’s essential for HR professionals to understand these updated risks—and know the steps to avoid the wrong moves.
What actions are you taking now (or not taking) that leave your company open to litigation?
Discover the most common areas of litigation in this current phase of the pandemic. And get trusted solutions (in plain English!) on what your organization must do NOW to prevent COVID liability in 2022. It’s your job to anticipate the trigger points for COVID lawsuits—and to prevent them. In this fast-moving, advice-packed session, we’ll show you how to manage this growing legal risk.
Agenda for Avoiding COVID Liability in 2022:
- The up-to-date risks for 2022. The COVID litigation environment for employers has evolved in the past year.
- Take action. Learn the practical strategies to easily sidestep the most common COVID claims.
- Return-to-work decisions. Discover where you can draw the line on remote work … and employee leave.
- Vaccine policies. What you can mandate (and ask) about vaccinations for employees and customers.
- Workplace safety "musts." Up-to-date advice on testing, isolation time, cleaning, distancing, masks & operational risks.
- Wage-and-hour threats. The rising risk of comp & benefit claims, especially from remote workers.
- When to accommodate. When you can say “no” to disability and religious requests for leave, remote work, vaccinations and more.
- What to document. New recordkeeping rules on illnesses, testing, vaccines and safety measures.
- State "shield" laws. Some state laws shield businesses from COVID lawsuits—but you need to know their limits.
In this 75-minute training, you will learn how to:
- Identify current legal risks.
Every employer is facing new pandemic landmines—& copycat lawsuits are hot.
- Understand the complex laws & regulations.
Learn how to navigate the “moving target” of rules from the EEOC, DOL, CDC, OSHA and state laws.
- Make legally safe decisions.
Learn the practical, real-world ways to reduce your liability and stay out of the headlines.
View a free clip:
Brandon Mita is an attorney in the Washington, D.C. office of Littler, the country’s largest employment law firm. He represents employers in court on employment law matters, and provides trusted counsel to organizations on compliance with handbooks, policies, disability, discrimination, FMLA and more. Brandon frequently speaks to HR and business groups on employment law issues.
Professional Certification Credit Hours Included:
Business Management Daily is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDC) for SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP® recertification activities.
HRCI has pre-approved this activity for recertification credit toward the aPHR®, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, aPHRi™, PHRi™, GPHR® and SPHRi™ certifications. The content of the activity submitted has met the criteria of the Approved Provider Program.
Your satisfaction is unconditionally guaranteed:
If Avoiding COVID Liability in 2022: An HR Workshop fails to meet your needs, we will refund every penny you paid – no hassles, no questions asked.