FMLA Certifications & Calendar Essentials
Get FMLA management right so your workforce remains productive, well, and happy.
FMLA certification guidelines and calendars are essential for properly managing your workforce. They not only protect your business but your employees' productivity and well-being. They also help prevent leave abuse, confusion, and worst of all, lawsuits.
Get detailed information on FMLA certification and calendar management from expert employment lawyer Anniken Davenport. In only 75 minutes, learn the importance of certification guidelines and calendars and how to apply them to your workforce.
Agenda for FMLA Certifications & Calendar Essentials:
- The new forms! Ensure you are using correct FMLA forms and learn how to complete them in the most legally safe and time-efficient manner.
- Calendar options. Which one is best? Review the choices available to employers for counting 12 months (calendar method and rolling method options) and decide which is best for your business.
- Certification and notification. Understand when leave qualifies for FMLA qualification, when and how to notify employees, and how to manage the certification process.
- Disagree with the certification? Learn when and why to request a second or third opinion; and what to do if they conflict.
- Intermittent leave. Learn exactly how often you need to recertify intermittent leave, including intermittent paid FMLA leave for COVID-related reasons.
- FMLA abuse. Find out what to do if you suspect a worker is abusing FMLA leave. Recertifying and verifying the employee is actually off work for the reasons they say.
- Return-to-work. Determine which completed forms are necessary and your limits on requested information.
In 75 minutes, get comprehensive, legal training on:
- Your FMLA responsibilities.
When to provide notices of eligibility, which forms to provide and what to include in your company’s FMLA guidelines.
- Setting your calendar.
Identify options for the best ways to choose a calendar that’s legal, fair, and clear.
- Making return-to-work seamless.
Learn how to make sure your certification process and calendar plan properly cover when and how employees return to work.
View a free clip:
Anniken Davenport is a noted employment law attorney and editor of HR Specialist: Employment Law. She has authored several books, including Bullet-Proof Your Employee Handbook and Overtime & Other Tricky Pay Issues, published by HR Specialist. She is a co-author of the upcoming Labor & Employment Law for the 21st Century by Prentice Hall. Anniken has served as a professor at Penn State University, where she taught business law and HR management and also directed the Legal Studies Program at Wilson College. Her legal career includes representing government units in discrimination and other employment law cases and representing school districts in labor negotiations.
Professional Certification Credit Hours Included:
Business Management Daily is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDC) for SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP® recertification activities.
HRCI has pre-approved this activity for recertification credit toward the aPHR®, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, aPHRi™, PHRi™, GPHR® and SPHRi™ certifications. The content of the activity submitted has met the criteria of the Approved Provider Program.
Your satisfaction is unconditionally guaranteed:
If FMLA Certifications & Calendar Essentials fails to meet your needs, we will refund every penny you paid – no hassles, no questions asked.