Workplace Poster Compliance for 2022
New COVID and state-law requirements have made poster updates more confusing than ever
When was the last time you did an internal audit of (or even thought about) the labor-law posters in your workplace? If the answer isn’t six months or sooner, this webinar recording is a must for you.
Posting requirements are constantly changing, with over 100 changes in the past year. And because of the pandemic and a spike in new state and local employment laws, employers are being forced to juggle more poster updates than ever.
It’s not just FMLA and minimum wage. A half-dozen federal posters, up to 15 state-specific postings, up to 10 additional local postings, industry-specific postings. Your posting obligations are anything but basic, and no two states have the same requirements. And new U.S. Department of Labor rules explain when you must send these notices to your remote employees.
Poster violations won’t just earn you a slap on the wrist. They can result in huge per-day fines and increased penalties for “willful” violations. For example, an OSHA poster violation can trigger fines up to $13,653 per violation. And fines have doubled in recent years.
Most companies think they comply but studies show they’re not. Don’t risk it. HR needs to carefully review its posting status now to ensure it’s up-to-date. Spend an hour to learn compliance with confidence and avoid huge fines down the road.
Agenda for Workplace Poster Compliance for 2022:
- New poster requirements for 2022. Use this as a checklist for poster compliance, including COVID-19 and paid leave.
- Digital posters for remote staff. The DOL now requires you to send certain electronic posters to certain remote employees.
- Posters for applicants. Find out which posters must be available to applicants.
- Strategy for updates. Learn when new posters are needed and the best strategy for updates (on your own or with a subscription service?).
- Increased fines. Fines have doubled for poster mistakes such as failure to post or a wrong location, etc.
- Other languages. Know when your posters must be displayed in Spanish or other languages.
- State and local compliance. Find out which posters are required for state and local compliance.
- Multi-state locations. Learn the best way to manage poster compliance for multi-state locations.
- Conflicting laws. Which law supersedes when it comes to federal, state, and local posters?
In this 75-minute training, you will learn how to:
- Comply with all federal, state, & local requirements.
Some employers must display up to 21 different posters, which change constantly.
- Know your new COVID and remote-worker obligations.
Which CDC and OSHA postings are now required? And when MUST you legally send posters electronically to your remote employees?
- Manage poster updates in-house or via a vendor?
Get independent advice on the simplest and least expensive way to stay in labor-law poster compliance.
View a free clip:
Margie Faulk, PHR, SHRM-CP, is a senior-level HR professional and the current compliance advisor for HR Compliance Solutions. Margie has worked as an HR compliance advisor for both major corporations and small businesses. She is a speaker and accomplished trainer, known for creating dynamic training for HR professionals, business owners and leaders. Margie is also a sought-after expert, having testified on compliance issues before several regulatory agencies.
Professional Certification Credit Hours Included:
Business Management Daily is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDC) for SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP® recertification activities.
HRCI has pre-approved this activity for recertification credit toward the aPHR®, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, aPHRi™, PHRi™, GPHR® and SPHRi™ certifications. The content of the activity submitted has met the criteria of the Approved Provider Program.
Your satisfaction is unconditionally guaranteed:
If Workplace Poster Compliance for 2022 fails to meet your needs, we will refund every penny you paid – no hassles, no questions asked.