D&I Workshop: How to Create and Communicate Effective (and Legal) Policies
In this 75-minute online, interactive training, you will learn how to:
Use a D&I policy to ensure legal compliance.
One mistake can spark legal trouble with the EEOC, ADEA, Civil Rights Act and other federal/state statutes.
Eliminate bias and build a culture of respect.
Discover how to correctly recruit and retain ethnically, racially and generationally diverse talent.
Put best-practice D&I practices to work immediately.
Avoid harassment, discrimination, hostile work claims—and legal hot water.
Unleash the power of differences … and understand your D&I compliance obligations
Developing diversity and inclusion (D&I) policies and guidelines isn’t just a “nice thing” to do anymore. It’s a vital step for any HR department—even small and mid-sized companies. All it takes is one racially insensitive tweet or gender-biased text to turn off customers, employees, recruits and the community.
But what exactly should your company be doing? Nancy Flynn, founder of the ePolicy Institute, will help you learn how to implement best practice-based policies and procedures governing all employee communications, including email, Zoom, social media and mobile devices. This timely new webinar recording provides a road map for drafting a smart D&I strategy and putting it into place simply (and legally).
Agenda for D&I Workshop
- Develop and showcase your D&I strategy
- Reduce harassment, discrimination and hostile work environment claims
- Communicate your commitment to racial and gender equity
- Boost performance by unleashing the power of differences
- Improve communication and collaboration among multifaceted employees
- Reach ethnically, racially and generationally diverse audiences
- Recruit and retain millennials, minorities and other sought-after talent
- Hire and mentor staff who reflect the communities you serve
- Promote women, minorities and other underrepresented leaders
- Cultivate a culture of respect
- Use training tricks to start the inclusivity conversation
A recognized expert on workplace compliance and communication, Nancy Flynn is the founder and executive director of the ePolicy Institute and Business Writing Institute. She provides training and consulting services to clients seeking to minimize compliance risks and maximize communication skills. Nancy is an in-demand trainer and the author of 13 books including The ePolicy Toolkit, The Social Media Handbook and Writing Effective E-Mail. She also serves as an expert witness in litigation related to workplace email and web use. A popular news source, she has been quoted in The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Time, Fortune and CNN.Nancy Flynn The ePolicy Institute and Business Writing Institute
View a free clip:
Professional Certification Credit Hours Included
This program is valid for 1.25 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
The use of this official seal confirms that this Activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
We promise you'll be satisfied.
If the D&I Workshop fails to meet your needs, we will refund every penny you paid – no hassles, no questions asked.