Dollar for Dollar:
Your Legal Obligations to Close the Pay Gap
In this 75-minute training course, you will learn:
Conducting an honest audit.
Learn what steps you must take to execute a legally accurate audit, and then turn the analysis into action.
Setting pay and increases.
How to adjust your pay policies and set up an equitable compensation strategy.
Managing equal pay.
Tools and techniques to make sure you maintain the established fair pay protocols.
Pay equity is quickly becoming one of the biggest priorities of 2021
As the call for equal pay gets louder, learn what other smart employers are doing to proactively stay ahead of promised regulations and legislation from federal and state leaders. Not only will prioritizing pay equity cover all the legal musts, you’ll also sharpen the best retention and productivity tool you have—compensation.
Get this legal training that covers everything from conducting a thorough pay audit to managing and maintaining an equitable pay structure.
Agenda for Dollar for Dollar
- Learn what the law says. Get a quick status on the federal laws that ban pay discrimination, and the most common parts of each law that employers break.
- Learn about Congressional and White House proposals. For the first time in decades, Congress and the White House are on the same page when it comes to equal pay for equal work. Executive orders have already launched new employer pay mandates. And legislation is making it easier to prove pay inequity.
- Create an audit blueprint. Map out exactly how you’ll conduct an audit for your workplace with the expert legal do’s and don’ts.
- Turn your analysis into action. Figure out which key results you need to take corrective action on, and how to get board member/executive buy-in.
- Implementing a fair pay policy. Learn the important legal factors you must consider in restructuring your pay policies, including merit and promotional pay increases.
- Learn what not to do – like lowering pay to fix discovered disparities.
- Maintaining equity. Understand what benchmarks and check-points to put in place to make sure your pay policies are equal and fair and stay that way.
Anniken Davenport is a noted employment law attorney and the editor of HR Specialist: Employment Law. She has authored several books, including Bullet-Proof Your Employee Handbook and Overtime & Other Tricky Pay Issues, published by HR Specialist. She is the co-author of the upcoming Labor & Employment Law for the 21st Century by Prentice Hall. Anniken has served as a professor at Penn State University, where she taught business law and HR management, and she directed the Legal Studies Program at Wilson College. Her legal career includes representing government units in discrimination and other employment law cases and representing school districts in labor negotiations.Anniken Davenport Attorney and author
View a free clip:
Professional Certification Credit Hours Included:
This program is valid for 1.25 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
The use of this official seal confirms that this Activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
We promise you'll be satisfied.
If Dollar for Dollar: Your Legal Obligations to Close the Pay Gap fails to meet your needs in any way, we will refund every penny you paid – no hassles, no questions asked.