Scripts & Strategies for Difficult Employee Discussions
This 75-minute training will help you:
Learn the EXACT words to use in difficult talks with employees.
From poor performance to poor behavior, HR guru Paul Falcone shows you proven strategies and model dialogue to use in those “tough talks.”
Treat workers with dignity—and stay in compliance.
Discover the steps to “positive confrontation” that will protect your career—and keep your organization in legal compliance.
The ultimate guide on what to say after “Got a minute?”
Most supervisors and HR professionals never learned how to handle uncomfortable conversations with employees about poor performance, offensive behavior or even personal hygiene. So they typically fumble through the words or, worse, avoid the topic completely.
Learn EXACTLY what to say in all kinds of “tough talks” with this webinar recording. Best-selling author Paul Falcone will give the strategies to take the stress and legal liability out of any difficult conversation.
This workshop is a practical, solutions-based guide for supervisors and HR professionals who need some guidance on what to say after “Got a minute?” You’ll learn real-world tactics for handling even the most awkward discussions.
Agenda for Tough Talks
- The 9 rules to successfully handle any tough talk. (You’ll want to print and reread before any important employee conversation.)
- The 4 tools to help employees take responsibility for their actions and problems.
- How to use “positive confrontation” and the power of guilt to change behavior.
- A legally safe script to use when employees want to talk “off the record” about a sensitive issue.
- 3 practical steps to stop attitude and entitlement problems in their tracks.
Paul will then provide time-tested sample scripts to use in addressing some of the most common—and most serious—employee problems, including:
- Substandard performance and behavioral problems
- Excessive and “pattern” absenteeism
- Disputes among co-workers
- Personal hygiene
- Terminations for cause and layoffs
- Foul language and offensive banter
- Sexually inappropriate actions
- Time card "mistakes"
Paul Falcone is a best-selling author and has held senior-level HR positions with Paramount Pictures, Time Warner and Nickelodeon. He currently serves as the CHRO of the Motion Picture & Television Fund. Paul is well known in the HR world for his dynamic presentations and for authoring several HarperCollins and SHRM books, many of which have been ranked as Amazon #1 best-sellers in their respective disciplines. Paul is also an adjunct professor at UCLA's School of Business and Management.Paul Falcone author and CHRO of the Motion Picture & Television Fund
View a free clip:
Professional Certification Credit Hours Included:
This program is valid for 1.25 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
The use of this official seal confirms that this Activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
We promise you'll be satisfied.
If Tough Talks fails to meet your needs in any way, we will refund every penny you paid – no hassles, no questions asked.