Stop sweeping matters under the rug and start tackling these issues head-on today.
In this 75-minute interactive online training, you will learn:
The rules of engagement
How to shift responsibility for improvement away from your company and to the employee, where it rightfully belongs.
How to deploy your available tools
Take advantage of your alternatives and avoid rushed judgment or managing by fear of lawsuit.
Safe legal language
The wrong words can spark legal trouble. Learn which ones never to use and what to say instead.
In this interactive workshop, discover how to deal with:
- The "9 Rules of Engagement" for successfully handling employee discussions.
- Using "perception management" in your favor to frame difficult discussions.
- How the power of guilt (rather than anger) can be used to help employees assume responsibility for problems.
- A legally safe script to use when employees want to talk "off the record" about an employee relations issue.
- "New supervisor syndrome" and how you should address new managers differently than experienced ones.
- The 3 practical steps for discussions that stop attitude and entitlement problems in their tracks.
Sample scripts to use in addressing some of the most common – and the most serious – employee problems you're likely to encounter, including:
- Substandard performance and behavioral problems
- Excessive absenteeism
- Personal hygiene
- Disputes among subordinates
- Incentivizing employees to leave
- Layoffs and termination for cause
- Foul language and locker-room banter
- Sexually inappropriate actions
- Time card "mistakes"
We promise you'll be satisfied.
If Tough Talks fails to meet your needs in any way, we will refund 100% of your tuition – every penny you paid – but your course materials and registration bonuses will be yours to keep. No hassles, no questions asked.